Saturday, February 8, 2014

Baby Boy Scrapbook Pages

I first started crafting with baby scrapbooks for my kids. I've made one for my son, then another for my daughter. Then I made one for my friend Ashwina and then I made one for a friend who lives in my building. I am in the process of making a fifth for someone who wants to gift it to her friend and I've been procrastinating over it. I finally got a chance to work on it this week and I have to say, I think I've found my true calling craft-wise. Baby scrapbooks are so much fun!


The first page I did was the 'Waiting for Baby' page. These days we all preserve photos of our the days when we were preggers and we usually have some thoughts to pen down so I provided for both of these on my layout. For the first 2 words of the title text I used the Sizzix Word Play Die which comes with all the alphabets in a bold style. For the 'Baby' bit I used one of the deco borders at ItsyBitsy. I stuck it on some white card and then hand cut it out following the shape of the deco border. It worked marvellously. 

I also added a little cradle using the Sizzix Bassinet die which again is perfect for Baby Albums. I cut out the shape on some pattern paper from the DCWV Nursery Baby Boy stack and added a frill of lace following the shape of the die cut. Finally I placed a trail of pearls along the edge of the cradle which in my opinion didn't turn out as pretty as I had expected... what do you think?


The next page that I worked on was devoted to Ultrasound Scans. During pregnancy you go for 2 to 3 scans and if you're lucky you get to take home a couple of pictures of the little one in your belly. I have a whole CD of pictures of my kids - can't make out much but I loved seeing them and preserving these pictures. 


I once again used the Sizzix World Play Die with some yellow card stock for the title which looked fab against the stripe pattern paper background from the DCWV Nursery Baby Stack. For the photos I used 2 scallop squares cut using the ItsyBitsy scallop square die and the inner card is cut from another paper in the same stack. The arrows are hand cut to provide space for the mother to provide how many weeks into the pregnancy the photos were taken. 


For some fun baby accents on the page I used the Sizzix Duck die which is just adorable. The die cuts the card into three little pieces that can be put together as you like. The wing can be raised or lowered or flush. The head point upwards or downwards and all this flexibility really lets you have some fun with the die. I also distressed all the yellow cut outs with some Mustard Seed Distress ink just to add some dimension to the page. 


If you would like to see more pages from this scrapbook, you view them here and here. I have a lot more to do and hopefully I will procrastinate less now that I know how much I enjoy it!
`
Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment